Roulette was supposedly created in 19th century and it is considered one of the oldest games that gaming houses offered to the clients. Although it’s easy to understand the rules and play, you need to remember that winning in this gambling activity is a pure luck. You cannot predict or foretell when the ball finds its place on the wheel of the roulette.
There exist two main types of Roulette. They are American Roulette and European Roulette. Most of the casinos in Las Vegas have the American Roulette, but several have also added a European version to the games. This article is about American Roulette and its rules.
American Roulette Rules
This game is also called “double-zero roulette” as there is not one-zero sector but an additional two-zero sector. Besides that, it has classical black and red sectors. The total amount of sectors is 36, eighteen red and eighteen black, plus two zeros.
The rules, in fact, are very similar to the European Roulette rules. There is a small metal ball, the dealer spins the wheel and drops the ball. Then the ball stops on a certain number and this number wins. Before the dealer starts to do it, the gambler has a chance to make a bet.
American Roulette Bets
There are several types of bets in this game. They are:
- Straight or Single is a single number bet. Payment is 35:1.
- Split is a bet on two vertically or horizontally close sectors. Payment is 17:1.
- Street is a bet on a line of numbers. Payment is 11:1.
- Corner or Square is a bet on 4 sectors that form a square. Payment is 8:1.
- Six Line or Double Street is a bet on 6 sectors that form 2 horizontal lines. Payment is 6:1.
- Trio is a three sector bet with zero included. Payment is 8:1.
- First Four is a bet on 1, 2, 3 and 0 sectors. Payment is 7:1.
- Basket is the same as First Four but with double-zero sector added. Payment is 6:1.
The most paid out is, of course, the Straight of Single bet. It gives you 35 times more money than you bet. The less paid out is the bets are called Even Money Bets. You can place you chip on a red or black sector, an even or odd secor, or even choose high or low one. These stakes are paid out the same amount of money that you bet. You can also choose Column or Dozen bet. They pay out twice.
American Roulette Strategy
Yes, this game is all about luck but there are several strategies to increase the chances to win. First, they are the Martingale and the Reverse Martingale strategies. Then go Fibonacci and Reverse Fibonacci, as well as D’Alembert and Reverse D’Alembert. And finally, you may see Labouchere.
American Roulette is an amazing adventure for a gambler. The rules are simple and very clear. The biggest part of the roulettes that are played online have an amazing design and can please even the most sophisticated player. The mechanics of the gameplay are really simple too. Bet your chips and spin the wheel. We wish you the best of luck!